Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Amazon adds Alexa to its main shopping app
– TechCrunch – “Amazon’s virtual assistant just got a much wider audience. The company announced it’s integrating Alexa into its main shopping app on iPhone, starting today with a full rollout expected by next week. The assistant can do more than just provide a voice interface to Amazon’s retail store, however – it can also control your smart home, play your music or Kindle books, answer questions, check the news and weather, and take advantage of Alexa’s extensions, known as Skills.”
- Koho, a mobile-only suite of financial services for millennials, launches in Canada
– TechCrunch – “Koho, it should be made clear, is not a bank (it doesn’t have a license), but it has partnered with Canadian bank the Peoples Trust Company in a white-label deal, along with Visa, to provide a range of services to its customers including a “smart spending account”, a mobile app, and a Koho Visa Card.”
- Are a third of Venmo transactions right now illegal gambling payments? (Chart)
- Companies Face Growing Shortage of Security Personnel
– Wall Street Journal CIO Journal blog – “Companies will face a shortage of 1.8 million qualified information security personnel by 2022, up 20% from a gap of 1.5 million in 2015, according to a survey released in February by Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp. and ISC2, a cybersecurity education group.”
ON THE WIRES
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council
– “The Chamber of Digital Commerce has formed the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council (BIPC), an initiative to promote innovation in blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) by addressing intellectual property issues. The council will help balance the protection of proprietary information with the openness necessary for innovation.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next public Boot Camp and Insight Workshop series
is April 18-20 in New York City followed by Atlanta, May 16-18. Come for the two day boot camp or attend all three days. Check out our spring schedule here. We hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook’s Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!